Welcome

I've finally started a blog. It's mostly for myself to keep track of everything I'm doing, but if anyone else finds it interesting that's cool too.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2010

Organizing

The weather this weekend was so nice that I intended to get out and take pictures. That didn't happen. Instead I started organizing. I HATE organizing. First you have to decide what to keep, then you have to decide where to put it. The hardest part for me is deciding what to throw away. My parents were born during the depression and they learned to save what they had, which wasn't much. Also my father was in World War II and he learned the saying that was popular at the time:
Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or do without.
So, they made do. As I was growing up we saved EVERYTHING. Even though we moved a lot. I lived in 8 different houses and went to 3 elementary schools by the time I was 12 years old. We never seemed to leave anything behind. My father worked for a moving company so he never had to worry about truck space. Any time a neighbor needed something there was a good chance that we had it.
It's hard to change the habits I 've learned my whole life. Every time I think of tossing something, I always think "Maybe I'll need this someday." So it takes me a long time to finish. But I'll keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment